
My friend Amy tagged me to post a picture of a welcome sight at our house. Last night the kids and I were just finishing dinner, and Mike was gone on a bike ride. All of a sudden the storm sirens started going off outside. I thought it was unusual because there wasn't any threatening weather expected. But I turned on the t.v. and sure enough we were under a tornado warning because of a tornadic thunderstorm that was moving through our area. Fortunately, Mike got home right about that same time. We went out in the back and watched the storm move through. The line in sky above the doghouse is called a "wall cloud". When those clouds form, there is usually rotation behind it. This picture is a welcomed sight because that storm was moving in a direction other than towards us! I don't think there was any tornado that actually formed with the storm, but living in this part of the country is sure an adventure!
4 comments:
I was driving during that and was staring at that big wall cloud! I was totally freaking out!!
I was staring confused at "welcomed site" for five minutes until I realized you meant "welcomed sight"
Thanks Jeff - it is now fixed. I can always count on you to find my foul ups!
Isn't family great? I can't wait until we all have a blogspot.
Post a Comment