Monday, August 18, 2008

Here We Go Again...

I'm still sitting around waiting for the lazy days of summer to come, and instead my kids headed back to school this morning!  How is that possible?  It seems like just last week I was stressing about what we were going to do all summer to stay busy, and now it is over.  The girls were both very excited for school, although Megan was also nervous about starting Junior High.  Actually I have been pretty nervous about it too.  And instead of having me take her to school for the first day like usual, she opted to go with a friend so that they could walk in together. A little sad for me, but I understand. At least she is letting me pick her up today. I don't feel like I should have a daughter in 7th grade yet.  Sammy did much better this time around - starting kindergarten last year took some getting used to.  Now she's a big 1st grader, and feel much more confident about the whole thing.  There weren't even any tears when I left. Now we have a couple of weeks, and then Noah gets to start preschool.  He is very excited about it.  My Mom asked if I was looking forward to having some free time to myself.  I'm not sure that I am, but I guess I'll get used to it. Until then, I will just enjoy him while I still have him home.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

They look great and ready to go. I can't believe Megan's in 7th grade either! Glad to hear Sammy had an easier morning.

Darrell and Alissa said...

I dread Jr High!!! They look so happy! I'm glad Sammy was excited to go- it makes it easier on us Mom's if they are excited!

larsen family said...

Wow, I still can't believe that Megan is a Junior High Schooler! Seeing her with her locker makes it all the more real. The girls both look so cute. I really like Megan's new haircut!

The Mitchell Family said...

I'm not old enough to have a granddaughter in Jr. High. I can still vividly remember her mom's 1st day in Jr. High -- it was just a couple of years ago!

Darrell and Alissa said...

I tagged you!

Lacey said...

I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting. It's amazing how quickly they grow up.