Sammy was able to perform in her first piano recital. She has been taking piano since September, and is making so much progress. She has started to memorize her songs so that she doesn't have to look at her music. Over the Christmas break she started to sit down at the piano and plink out notes without using sheet music until she figured out a couple of Christmas songs. I think she has real talent (of course I am biased). Here is a video of her piano recital performance.
I should probably mention that Megan was supposed to play in the recital as well, but got the stomach flu and wasn't able to be there. Too bad because her songs really sounded great, and she was excited to play them.
We also had the opportunity to go to Megan's winter choir concert at school. She is in the Women's choir this year. We weren't sure what to expect other than what we saw in her choir concerts when she was in middle school. This concert totally blew us away. I couldn't believe how good each choir was. The music was really beautiful, and it was so neat to see Megan performing in such a great program. I hope she continues her interest in singing.
We went to so many fun parties. I think I counted 2 school, 3 church, and 4 friend parties all within the month of December. Unfortunately, I only have pictures from Noah's school party. We even squeezed in a Saturday family trip to Branson (no pictures of that either). It was a very busy, but fun month.





3 comments:
Did you get to do any of the Branson attractions while in town?
Sammy is really a good little piano player! However, I think that the best part of that clip was the little curtsy at the end! Very cute!
We've missed reading about you guys. We are so glad your back. Looks like December was quite busy, but fun. Good for you guys.
Love the video of Sammy. She is quite talented, for sure, no bias here.
Post a Comment