Thursday, June 18, 2009

Surprise!

In a couple of weeks, Mike is turning the big 4-0. Because we will be on vacation for his birthday, the ladies at his office decided to get him early, when he wasn't expecting it.

They decorated all the way down the hall that leads to his office, and then into his office. They had all kinds of signs hanging up with trivia from the year he was born.
Very cool cupcake cake - yummy too!

They had everyone wear black to work

Spongebob card in spanish

They had me e-mail them some embarrassing pictures of Mike, and they printed them out and hung them all over the office.

They even got his car!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Chris will be 40 on July 11th!! He made me promise not to do anything, but I only half heartedly promised, with no real intention of keeping it. Now I just need to figure out a way to get some decorations to work. Unfortunately, he works in a very controlled area where I can't go, so I have to rely on someone else to do it for me. They can't even take pictures :(

David and Cori said...

I have a great embarrassing pic of Mike if you ever need it.....December 07 ring a bell?

Sarah said...

How funny...love seeing the embarrassment in his eyes....lol. Happy Bday Mike!

Nicole said...

That's awesome! How fun that they would do that.

empty nester said...

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday! I'm sure you will be spoiled rotten while you are in Utah. I cannot believe you are 40. How old does that make me. Love you lots!! Your favorite aunt.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Happy early birthday Mike! Stef, you need to post the embarassing pictures so we can get the full feel of it!!

Thomas Family said...

Sounds like Mike works with a fun group of people. That is way funny!! He is the perfect recipient for that. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Happy 40 Mike! Tell him he doesn't look a day older than when you guys moved! Annabelle still misses Megan. Your fam is beee-utiful!