Friday, September 11, 2009

Trying to Stay Young

For Labor Day this year, I talked Mike into doing something a little different. Instead of enjoying a precious day of sleeping in, we got out of bed at 6:30 and ran in a 5K race supporting the local children's shelter. Ever since I ran in the Race for the Cure last April, I have enjoyed running again. It is something I did back in college, but stopped doing it when my knees started bothering me. I've loved being able to get back out and doing it again.

This is our lame attempt to take our picture before the race

The race was great! We stayed together the whole time, and even crossed the finish line at the same time. I was so excited about the time we made - we did it in under 30 minutes!

Post-race picture that we took when we got home.
The sun was really bright!

We can't wait to do more races together in the future. If nothing else, it keeps us feeling young!

4 comments:

larsen family said...

Stef--looking sexy in that tank top and short shorts!!! You don't look a day over 30. Let's give a shout-out to hot mamas everywhere!

Thomas Family said...

Wahoo! Good for you guys.

Nicole said...

That's awesome! Way to go!!

Peanut said...

Wow. I didn't know you ran. I am trying to learn to love it b/c I know it is great exercise. I have to say, I haven't found that runners high yet. I am still working thru the pain and lack of cardio! One of these days!!!