We have heard from several families that they enjoy going to a blueberry patch in the early summer to pick their own blueberries. I have to admit that I don't buy and use very many blueberries, but I thought it sounded like a fun new family experience. So we set out on Saturday morning to a place fairly close by to pick ourselves some blueberries. It was really a lot of fun! We ended up filling two 1 gallon buckets. After coming home and freezing and bagging them, I ended up with about 36 cups of yummy, fresh blueberries! We made a blueberry cobbler for dessert on Sunday, and I have plans for making syrup, jam, and other tasty things! I'm thinking this might become a new Hooper Family tradition each summer!
4 comments:
Yum! I love big fat blueberries!! I never thought about being able to find fresh bluesberries in Arkansas, I always associated them with the east coast states.
How fun! Glad you made it out to pick some.
If I were you I'd make some blueberry pancakes.
Greg absolutely loved the cobbler! It was the first thing he mentioned when I talked to him Sunday night. "Stefani made the best blueberry cobbler!" Thanks for taking care of him. We miss you guys. I just looked at the clock and realized you are probably enjoying book group about now! Hope it was a good one!
Post a Comment