Just wanted to share an item that we had the opportunity to vote on. It is an Amendment that would remove a section of our State Constitution, which reads:
"No idiot or insane person shall be entitled to the privileges of an elector."
I'm not joking. Mike thought it was so hilariously unbelievable, that he decided to vote against amending it.
I think that most of the states must have something similar in their constitution -- only I think it's worded more like: "Only idiots or insane persons are entitled to be elected and they are elected by other idiots and insane persons." I know that's the way it is in our great state and after tonite, we'll probably see it elsewhere too.
Hey Stef!I just started bogging...I am a little shy about it so I figured if people come across my blog, GREAT! Otherwise, I am simply enjoying reading what others are up to.
4 comments:
I think that most of the states must have something similar in their constitution -- only I think it's worded more like: "Only idiots or insane persons are entitled to be elected and they are elected by other idiots and insane persons." I know that's the way it is in our great state and after tonite, we'll probably see it elsewhere too.
Mike is so funny. We would probably do the same. Kudos Mike.
Hey Stef!I just started bogging...I am a little shy about it so I figured if people come across my blog, GREAT! Otherwise, I am simply enjoying reading what others are up to.
Way to vote by your conscience Mike!
Post a Comment