This past week, Megan's Young Women's activity was a mother/daughter Back to the Future night. The moms were to come dressed like their daughter would today, and the daughter dressed like the mom would back when they were their daughter's age (confused?). Anyway, Megan took her own liberties in deciding how she thought I would dress since she didn't like any of my suggestions. I even have my Jr. High graduation dress that she could have worn, but she refused. Anyway, this is how we looked:
They also had us bring pictures from when we were both a baby, as well as a picture of our daughter now, and us when we were a teenager. I'm not sure why I am doing this to myself, but please enjoy a good laugh at my expense.
Me - started out cute
Megan
Me at Megan's age - not cute.
Mike said I look like a tomboy.
Megan was impressed that I was wearing Lacoste,
although we called it Izod back then.
Megan now.
Why are kids so much cuter now?
Not fair.
This is the picture I brought to the activity.
I think I was a junior in high school.
How about those bangs and shoulder pads?








11 comments:
Awesome pictures!! The great thing about the current styles are that they're very much like the 80's!! (leggings, belts, neon colors, etc.) I don't know if you have a Forever 21 store in your area, but it's like walking through a time warp into the 80's. You guys looked AWESOME for your activity!!!
I was hoping you would post this! I love it! You guys look great! I think your baby pictures look so much like your sister! You are awesome!
We need to try that activity in our Young Women's. It sounds like a lot of fun! That picture from junior high is definitely a classic, but all my pics from junior high trump yours in terms of awkward and ugly. Mom owes us an explanation of why she let us go to school picture days with awful hairstyles!
I forgot to add that Megan did a good job with her outfit. I remember you wearing lots of belts over long shirts with leggings. All she needed to do different was wave and rat out her hair. That would have been awesome!
Love the picture's!!! I don't know anyone who has cute jr high pic's, well, except Megan!
Thakns for posting!
I love the photos! They were fun to look at. I do like her interpretation of your teeenage wardrobe...it was pretty close.
That is fun idea for an activity. I bet the girls and adults loved that one.
That does sound like a fun activity. Your outfits are "like, totally rad!" I can't believe how grown up Megan is. I remember when she was born (I was headed to the MTC when we stopped to see her right after she was born). Cute family!
Ditto to what Alissa said. I did enjoy seeing your other pictures though. =)
Cute pictures that only a mother can love!!
In defense to Nicole's comments, by the time you both reached JHS, I didn't have any control over what you chose to wear or how you did your hair. Let's just say that it's probably pretty universal that none of us would choose to look like we did in those early teenage years.
Your mom sent me your link some time ago so I hope I'm not intruding. Just wanted to tell you how cute the kids are and how much they are growing up. Of course, you realize, that the older your kids get, the older you get. Brady turned 28 last week and so I am feeling pretty old. Hope to see you this summer when you come to Utah. Signed::::Your Favorite Aunt
I love all of the pictures!!!
Post a Comment