Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Easter That Almost Wasn't

I decided it was about time for me to post about our Easter. I've been dragging my feet on doing it because I have been looking at everyone else's blogs telling about the wonderful Easter weekend they had, and to be honest, our's kind of stunk. It was pretty much my fault, or actually my mouth's fault. I went to the dentist last Thursday to have a tooth checked that was kind of bothering me. It turned out to be abscessed. He sent me away with an antibiotic, a pain killer, and an upcoming date for a root canal. It didn't seem like too big of a deal. But by Thursday night, I was in pain. This was a pain that kept me in bed for 2 days. A pain that not even pain killers would help. A pain that kept me awake all night for 3 nights. A pain that was the worst pain I have had in my life, childbirth included. Not only that, but the left side of my face swelled up to where I looked deformed. Fortunately, by Sunday morning it was finally feeling better, other than the swelling. Thankfully I have a great husband and kids who stepped in to get things done. I hadn't gotten my Easter shopping done yet, so Mike went out Saturday morning to pick up the things we needed. Megan hardboiled the eggs, and with Mike's help they dyed them. We got out late Saturday afternoon and did a little Easter egg hunt. We were glad we did it on Saturday because on Sunday it rained most of the day. The Easter Bunny did remember to stop by our house, and the kids were excited about their candy and treats. They all looked so great going to church in their Easter clothes. Because it was raining I had to take pictures of them inside, which never works out very well. I'll have to try again on a Sunday when it is nice outside. Our Easter dinner that night was omelettes. We had actually done our Easter ham dinner the previous Sunday after General Conference. It seemed easier to do that since our church doesn't get out until 5:00. Glad we did it because I don't think I could have prepared or eaten ham on Easter. All was not lost though. For Family Home Evening on Monday we had an awesome lesson on Christ's life (taught by Mike). The kids really paid attention, and I think learned a lot. Mike is a great teacher, and has such a good understanding and knowledge of the gospel. It was a great way to end a not so great weekend.




4 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

I felt so bad for you when we came over to watch the movie!! Glad your Easter was saved- what a great family to step in and continue to let you heal and recover!!!!

Thomas Family said...

An abscessed tooth is the worst. It will be nice to have that root canal done, I am sure.

I am glad you were able to have some fun despite the pain.

Your kids look cute as ever!!!

larsen family said...

The girl's dresses are so pretty and Noah looks dapper in his shirt and tie! How did you manage to find such cute clothes? I must have been looking in the wrong stores! BTW, is that makeup that I spy on Megan?

Sarah said...

Minus the pain...that sounded like a great Easter to me....ham schmam...sounds like they got to serve someone on Easter and really got the point of it all...you are a great mother for making sure everything happened that DID happen. Sorry about your tooth...if I had known ya then I would have rubbed your feet and made ya a smoothie :)