Sunday, May 3, 2009

April Highlights

April seemed to be a busy month. Here are some the highlights:

T-ball games started! Noah is on the Giants. So far, he has been loving it. They play a double-header every Saturday, so by the middle of the second game he is ready to be done. I think it is kind of long for 4 & 5 year olds. It's been fun to watch him play.




Megan and I ran in the Race for the Cure. I've never done a 5k before, and I loved it! There was something like 17,000 people in it. It was a great event - so well-organized and set up. It was fun to be able to do it with Megan. She also brought a friend, and I did it with a couple of my friends. I was worried about what kind of shape I was in, but ended up doing much better than I thought I would. I can't wait to do it again next year.



Noah lost his first 2 teeth! I can't believe my baby has already hit this milestone. He's not even 5 yet! Unfortunately, he didn't actually have either tooth to leave for the tooth fairy. We're guessing he must have swallowed them or something. He didn't even know when they were gone, I just noticed it when I was brushing his teeth. He was excited that the tooth fairy still left him with $1 each time. It didn't take him very long to spend it on a Hot Wheels car.


So now we're on to May! Hopefully it will bring more sunshine, and less rain!!

8 comments:

kelgrandy said...

Wow, way to get out there and run! Good for you. I haven't run since Grant was born, and with the birth of each new kid, I'm missing it more and more. I hope you find Noah's teeth and that he didn't really swallow them!

Sarah said...

if you were MY mom...you would make him "excavate" the teeth before payment was given :)

He is such a cutie...and way to run! Maybe I'll join ya next year!

Thomas Family said...

Noah's tooth fairy is so nice to leave payment without the actual tooth. I am also glad to hear his tooth fairy leaves a dollar per tooth. That is the same amount our tooth fairy leaves.

Spring sports can be nice as long as the weather cooperates. I am in awe at how big your kids are getting. Time sure flies.

Jeff said...

Go Giants! Beat Grandpa's Dodgers!

Jen said...

WOW! I can't believe he has lost teeth already!! And congrats on the run.

larsen family said...

That's pretty funny that he swallowed the teeth--just like cousin Jacey did with her first one. At least he doesn't seem as traumatized as she was about the possibility that they might have gone down the hatch!

Leslie said...

Way to go on the run! I bet you felt awesome crossing the finish line. Oh and thanks Sarah, I am picturing your mom (Jean), fairy wand in hand standing over you as you excavate your teeth! The image may never go away!! HA!

Leslie said...

Just wanted to drop in and tell you that Sonic has a new beverage on their menu. Mango Lime aid. YUMMY! I tried it for the first time today and immediately thought you would LOVE it too. I picked up my cell phone to call you and realized that when I switched cell phones I lost all of my old numbers...including yours!! AHH!

I hope you will enjoy the mango lime aid as much as I did! I am sure it is not as calorie friendly as my diet coke with fresh limes....but it was definately a special treat! Let me know what you think!! LOVE the MANGOS!