Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And They're Off...

So here we are, starting yet another school year. I'm not quite sure I'm ready for the hustle and bustle that goes along with it, but I am ready to be back into some sort of routine again.

Megan and Sammy haven't been overly excited to start this year. Sammy began to get more excited about starting 2nd grade after meeting her teacher a couple of days ago. I took her shopping for a first day of school shirt. We're hoping this shirt brings out her outgoing side! I am hoping to convince her to ride the school bus home from school this year.
Noah has been dreading having his sisters go back to school. When I told him a couple of days ago that they would be going back to school this week, his eyes welled up with tears. I wonder if that says something about how fun it is to be home with me? Things will be better when he starts his preschool in a couple more weeks.
Sammy actually has quite a few kids in her class that she already know from church and from previous classes. Sammy and Abbott went to preschool together, and are now sitting back to back - so fun!


Megan has been nervous about starting the 8th grade. Besides a busy volleyball season, she is signed up for all AP classes this year. It's going to be a hectic year for her, but we know she is going to do great!
Of course when you are in Junior High you can't walk in the first day without a friend to walk in next to you. Megan and one of her best buds Taylor arranged to ride together today.

We're all ready for a great school year!

6 comments:

Thomas Family said...

You know, on one hand, I can't believe that Megan is already in eighth grade. Then I looked at the picture of her, and then I can't believe she is only in eighth grade. She looks so mature!!

Holy smoke, where has the time gone?

The Mitchell Family said...

Do you remember when we took Megan to her 1st day of kindergarten? You were pregnant with Sammy and I was there visiting, and it just seems like it happened yesterday!

Bench Family said...

Can't believe the summer is gone. But I agree with the routine thing... it will be nice.

Nicole said...

They look great! And I have to say, your "background" for the pictures is beautiful!

larsen family said...

Cute pictures of the kids! Megan does look so grown up and is way too cute for an eighth grader. Watch out for the boys! Hope that the girls had a great first day back at school.

Anonymous said...

I have been mourning summer and yet am rather happy to have the house to me again. I can leave, come back during the day, and it stays put! (Imagine that). Your kids are beautiful and all AP classes? That's amazing!