When Megan had her birthday a couple of months ago, she got a gift she hadn't asked for. It seemed like all she wanted was 'things' - clothes, shoes, music downloads, gift cards. I decided that I wanted to give her an 'experience' and not just stuff. I had heard that Wicked was going to be playing in Tulsa, and I knew she had heard some of the music before and had liked it. I got tickets for her and I to go, and wrapped them up for her birthday. I'm not sure how excited she was when she opened them, especially since she hadn't asked for them. But it gave us something to look forward to all summer long. In the weeks leading up to the show we have been listening to the music and getting excited to see it. Even Mike and Sammy have gotten caught up in the music. Finally this past Saturday, our day arrived! We headed out early enough that we could stop and get some lunch before the show. We went to yummy Pei-Wei, somewhere we don't have at home. Megan was thrilled about me taking her picture in the middle of the restaurant. We really enjoyed our teriyaki chicken and orange peel chicken.
And then I embarrassed her again in front of the theater.
And then again inside when I asked a nice man to take our picture. He was wanting us to say silly things when he took the picture, which caused me to smile extra cheesy and cheerfully.
Now our attempt to take a picture together inside the theatre.
The show was SO GOOD! I have seen several musicals, including 2 on Broadway while in New York. I think this was my favorite one yet. The music and story are so great and fun and entertaining. We stopped for a milk shake and then headed home. It was such a fun "girls day".



6 comments:
I am SO jealous!!! One day I will see Wicked (it's on my bucket list!). You two looked like you had a ton of fun...especially at the restaurant! ;)
what a great bday gift. So happy that the two of you loved it. Looking forward to seeing the show myself sometime!
She will remember this forever! So great! I DO think you deserve to go again in November in KC :)
It was my favorite too and I'd love to be able to see it again. Can we go while we're there in November?
I'm glad that you guys got to go! Looks like you had a "wicked" time!
I heard that show was good...but I have never seen it.
So glad to hear you had such a great time doing some mother-daughter bonding. What a great idea to have an "experience" for a birthday gift.
Post a Comment