Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Little Boy Isn't So Little Anymore


This past Sunday Noah turned 5. It's hard to believe that time is going by so quickly. We had fun celebrating his birthday. We went to dinner the night before at Red Robin - his choice. He made me tell the server it was his birthday so that they would sing to him and bring him an ice cream sundae. I wished I had a camera when they came out to sing, because he was so embarrassed. But boy did he devour that ice cream.
He woke up in the morning to streamers and balloons

He chose the Sunday dinner - roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, and broccoli

He got some great presents - a spaceship blanket from Grammy

An Angels jersey from Grandpa

Megan gave him a Transformer, Sammy gave him a watch, and Mom and Dad gave him a Nintendo DS of his own.

He wanted me to make him a spaceship cake, so I did my best

Candles lit - ready to take off

His sisters were even extra nice to him for his birthday

He said it was his best birthday ever.
We love you Noah!

12 comments:

Jen said...

Is he a space junkie, too? My Dylan (along with daddy) LOOOOOVES everything space and is an Apollo Space Program Guru. He can rattle off all kinds of facts about it and space, in general! He wanted a moon cake for his birthday. It turned out pretty OK! I blogged pics of it back in June if you haven't already seen them :) He and Chris have been listening to the radio transmissions from the Apollo 11 mission to the moon with Neil Armstrong as the commander this past week! It's the 40th anniversary of the first moon landing...there's been a lot of excitement at our house over this Apoolo 11 radiocast being broadcast on Nasa's website!! Anyway...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Noah :)

Nicole said...

Happy birthday Noah! The cake turned out great!

larsen family said...

What a cute little boy he is! I can't believe that he is already 5! Looks like he had a fun birthday. Good job on the cake, by the way!

De Anne said...

cute cake. I love where you put the candles. Very creative.

Sarah said...

Possibly one of the cutest boys ever...so glad he got the wonderful birthday he deserved. Loved the cake...a lot of love went into that one!

kelgrandy said...

I LOVE LOVE where you put the candles. I'm glad his birthday was so much fun for him. It will be hard to top next year :)

Lacey said...

I can't believe how quickly they grow up. I love your cake! Great idea. Happy Birthday Noah!

Jeff said...

GO HALOS! The one red we can ALL agree on.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Noah! I think the cake looks awesome. Baseball, spaceships, transformers...to fun!

Thomas Family said...

Your cake is so cute and creative. I wish I had just some of your talent.

Glad you hear it was the best birthday ever. How did you get his sisters to be nice to him?

The Mitchell Family said...

Cute pictures. "Hey Grandpa" misses his little buddy.

Bench Family said...

I can't believe he's 5! Happy Birthday Noah!