Mike's mom and I took Sammy and Noah up to the "This is the Place" State Park. I hadn't been up there for a few years, and they have made a ton of changes. It is such a fun place! It has been turned into a mini-version of Salt Lake City after the pioneers settled there. There are all different types of houses and stores and buildings that would have been found there. Inside each there is a demonstration or activity taking place. The kids had a great time. I wish we could have spent more time there, and I will definitely go back again.
Washing clothes the old-fashioned way
Making a deposit at the bank. Sammy was trying to level the scale - she did it!
Making arrowhead necklaces
We learned that a dunce isn't someone who is dumb, but is actually someone who has made a bad decision. I'm thinking about using a dunce cap at our house!
Meanwhile, Mike talked Megan into going on a hike with him up to Lake Blanche. This is a hike that he talked me into doing not long after we were married, and I thought I was going to die. Megan was a good sport to go, and she did great!
Here they are at the top
Another beautiful landscape picture
Our kids have been dying to go camping and fishing - something they've never done. Mike and his brother Daniel took the kids for a weekend of camping and fishing fun. The kids loved it.
The kids actually out-fished the adults. Megan caught 6 fish, and Sammy caught 4.



5 comments:
What fun for you and your family! I actually took my sister that's visiting from Texas and her 4 kids there today (Tuesday) and we had a great time too. I have to ask you, what kind of camera do you have...all your pictures are amazing, you are a great photographer!
Looks like you had a great time. That is cool the kids got to go fishing and camping.
They have made tons of changes to the This is the Place park, and it is very fun.
John was happy to talk to Mike on the phone. Tell Mike thanks for calling.
We might have to check that place out when we go...looks like the kids loved it!
What neat pictures! You guys thought of a lot of fun things to do while in Utah. We'll have to check out "This Is The Place" State Park sometime--it looks neat.
IT looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Utah! Have you recovered from it yet?!
Post a Comment