Sunday, July 12, 2009

Trip to Utah - Part 2



It seems like every trip to Utah includes a visit to Hogle Zoo. I love it because you can see everything in a couple of hours. This time was great because we went later in the day, and the temperature was in the 70's, so most of the animals were out and active. We had a great time.












We also had the opportunity to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It is a beautiful temple, and we were happy yet sad to realize that it is a short 5 minute ride down the road from where we used to live. What we wouldn't give for a temple drive like that now!




And what follows up a visit to the temple better than a game of miniature golf?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still in town? It would be great to see you guys!

larsen family said...

Funny, out of all our many trips up north I have yet to go to Hogle Zoo with the kids. Better put that on the to-do list! I'm glad to see that you got in touch with your spontaneous side and got into the turtle shell!

The Mitchell Family said...

I always thought that when one was spontaneous, they came out of their shell.

The zoo has certainly changed since I was there last, which may have been when Megan was a baby.

Nicole said...

Love the picture of you in the turtle! We also went to the zoo and the temple. You must have lived around where my siblings do... because they are also just 5 minutes away.

Thomas Family said...

Wow, you guys did it all when you were here. I bet you needed a few days to recover when you got back home.

Looks like you had a great time.